Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Memories of a North Dakota Hike

 

Four hours in the dentist chair today... I'm not feeling too chipper. But I am going to share some shots from a 2007 hike on the North Country Trail in North Dakota. I was finally able to get two years of pictures developed this month, so I have been working on getting them in order and labeled. See you tomorrow.

They are: a field of sunflowers along a county road, an approaching storm near New Rockford, white pelicans on Lake Ashtabula, and a view of Lake Ashtabula from the nearby hills.











See White Pelicans
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!



7 comments:

Lin said...

I'll bet you feel like that old wagaon wheel today after being at the dentist. Poor thing. Hope tomorrow you are better!

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better, 4 hours in dentist chair seemed to be a big agony. love your pictures, i am a fan of flowers, and the sunflower fields is amazing. i love the broken wagon wheel picture, it looks so eye catching.

Anonymous said...

You really enjoy traveling and hiking !

Rick (Ratty) said...

Dentists can be a pain.:)
The picture with the cloud is great, and the wagon wheel is almost classic.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi everyone- sorry I didn't reply to you sooner. Hard to concentrate today!

Thank you Lin- my mouth is indeed sore. It will be better soon, but perhaps I don't have as much patience as I used to. I need to get your blog in my favs so that I remember to visit every day.

Betchai- I've been looking forward to spring, when I can share more flower pictures with you all. I'm a botany freak!

Han- Welcome! I DO love to hike- it's really the defining thing about me. Thanks for stopping by.

And Ratty, my friend, you are so right! That cloud/ storm was really bizarre. Those ice-blue billows in the dark mass were just plain eerie.

bemused26 said...

That storm looks really ominous in that photo!

Sharkbytes said...

It was ominous, and we caught the edge of it. The wind was so strong (and we had to walk into it) that we could hardly stand up and make progress. But we were close to our end point for the day, so we got under cover before any lightning started.