Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Gift Basket


fruit basket

Today was the paper route, nap and writing. But a nice gift was delivered this afternoon for Omer. It came from the church we are attending. For just two people, that's enough fruit to feed us for quite a while! I just had half a nectarine. Yum!



7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Yummy.

wenn said...

lovely gift basket!

VanillaSeven said...

That's looks fresh and delicious :)

Glynis Peters said...

Catching up.
What a lovely basket, my fruit arrives in the back of a truck, a bucket, old box, carrier bag or potato sack. There is usually enough to feed a village!
I could do so much with that basket, but am not ungrateful for my gifts.
Wow you have been busy writing, I see by your last post and the Christmas cacti is gorgeous.

Ann said...

nothing like a basket full of fresh fruit. I was in the produce department for a while at the store I work at and would occasionally have to put fruit baskets together. It was tricky sometimes getting the fruit to all balance while you tried to wrap it...lol

Rick (Ratty) said...

That's a nice thing about the fruit basket. That's the kind of niceness I miss living in the city.

Sharkbytes said...

Rainfield- it was yummy! There were 3 nectarines that ripened on consecutive days... perfect.

wenn- it was very nice to receive

Vanilla- so much better than flowers that wilt right away, as gift bouquets often do.

Glynis- now you have me really curious... where on earth do you get your fruit? Are you talking about some local market, but you don't have a nice shopping bag?

Ann- Yes! I think that cellophane helped keep it together.

Ratty- Well, I confess, I'll take a small town any day. More people know you... for the good and the bad.