Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Adirondack Memories - Indian Pass


climbing Indian Pass

I've been working all day on the new media program about the trail. This project is turning out to be even bigger than I expected. Read... HUGE. I haven't actually added up the number of pictures I have from the past 20 years of hikes, but it's something over 10,000. I'm trying to pull together a sensible number of them to give people an idea of the trail, without duplicating too many from the program I've been using for quite a while.

Read... I'm busy. Maggie got a walk, but I even forgot to take the camera. So, you get a picture from 1996. I like this one. It shows what some of the "hiking" in the Adirondacks is like. We were scrambling up the rocks to get through Indian Pass which runs beside Wallface, the second highest sheer rock face in the eastern US. That's the Chipster already on top, of course.

I'll plan on introducing another fellow hiker tomorrow. Stay tuned.



11 comments:

The Oceanside Animals said...

LOL, reminds me of scrambling up Cascade!

rainfield61 said...

I like this type of scrambling up. It is very challenging.

Ann said...

oh you must be busy if you forgot to take the camera :) That does look like a challenging climb there.

jeanlivingsimple said...

My hiking days are over so I will enjoy yours.

Marg said...

Well that sure doens't look easy to me but I guess it isn't supposed to be easy. Looks like the dog is having a blast and telling you to hurry up. What a great picture. Very nice.
Have a great day.

betchai said...

I love scrambling on rocks, but haven't tried with a big backpack and heavy weight like yours, you are awesome Sharkbytes.

spinninglovelydays said...

I love how your dog (is that Maggie?) is patiently waiting for you :)

BeadedTail said...

That looks like quite the hike! Sadie would love that! Hope all is going well with your new media program!

VanillaSeven said...

Oh oh, that path looks quite steep. Always good to have a helpful guide there :)

Ferd said...

And you took your golf clubs! I'm impressed! LOL
:-)

Sharkbytes said...

Dennis- Did that too, but LONG ago!

rainfield- it was very challenging for those of us humans with short legs

Ann- all other hoped for projects have taken a back seat. This media has to be finished on time!

Jean- not even a little walk? But I'm glad you will enjoy mine.

Marg- that is EXACTLY what Chips was saying, but he was smiling too.

betchai- the backpack does add another dimension! My knees were 14 years younger then, too

Ivy- that was Chips. Maggie would not think that was fun!

Beaded Tail- Sadie would indeed, but they have now closed the High Peaks to dogs. Too many bears. Thanks for the good wishes on the program. I need it!

Vanilla- Chips as a guide- now there's a concept. It would have included a lot of side trails for exploration

Ferd- ha ha. I'm with Mark Twain: "Golf is a good walk... spoiled."