Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Damp Dinner


deer under tree

We got some nice rain here today- mostly wet all day. I tried to get a picture of a little house wren, but he wouldn't cooperate. Around dinnertime I looked out the kitchen door, and look who was getting ready to have a snack.
deer eating branches

These photos are not touched up at all. They are taken through falling rain, with the camera lens all the way out. But I think the second one nicely shows what this large doe was after... apple leaf salad.



12 comments:

rainfield61 said...

You had your dinner. The doe needs too.

VanillaSeven said...

Apple leaf salad must be very yummy for her to enjoy there.

Have a great weekend Sharkie!

Do let me know what you think about my new blog theme :)

Russ said...

Love any kind of pictures of Deer. Those are really great. The Deer use to like to come in my back yard and eat apples off my tree. I use to love watching them out of the window.

Mandy said...

Oh, that is so beautiful!! It is a close encounter of the nature kind!! That sounds silly but to a city girl like me, i t would be a dream to be that close to a deer.

jeanlivingsimple said...

I have deer here but never have been able to get picture. Super picture of the doe munching on the apple leaf!

betchai said...

wow, despite shot through the rain, the shot still showed well the deer.

Marg said...

Those are super picturs of that deer in the rain even. What fun to have a deer right in your back yard although sometimes they can be a little destructive.
Have a great day.

Ann said...

This is the second blog post I've seen today with pictures of deer through the window. I never get such interesting visitors.

spinninglovelydays said...

Apple leaf salad sounds very gourmet, lol. The deer certainly seems to be loving it in the pic. :)

Sharkbytes said...

I will have to just respond to all these great comments in a lump 'cause I HAVE to get some sleep tonight. Thanks for everything, folks, for enjoying my deer, and being my friends!

RNSANE said...

What a thrill to open your door and see that beautiful deer. It must have been truly exciting.

Glynis Peters said...

How beautiful.None here in Cyprus. It would never survive here. No rain and ignorant hunters!