Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


stylish blogger


I've been awarded the Stylish Blogger award simultaneously by Glynis of New Scribbles from Glynis Smy and Chuck at Secondary Roads, both long-time blogger buddies. We are supposed to tell 7 things about ourselves, and pass this along to 15 other blogs... preferably ones recently discovered.

Seven things you don't know about me Well, you already know a whole lot, but here goes...

coke puzzle
1. I love jig-saw puzzles and used to have a collection of hundreds of them. (Quite a few specialty ones, old favorites, themes, extra-hard ones, etc.) It was destroyed in a freak accident, and I haven't ever regained my enthusiasm. You saw my only recent indulgence with When I Waste Time I Do it Right, and Coke Puzzle

2. In high school I had a TIA (a mini-stroke), and actually went blind for about three hours. It's the one health condition that I may be at high risk for. You can read some good Warning Signs of Stroke at Sir Rob's blog.

broccoli art
3. I love broccoli! Usually, I eat it, but not always! See Veggie Fun, and More Veggie Fun

black toenails
4. I currently have no black toenails, and that big toenail almost needs cutting! See The Last Official Toenail Casualty of my Quest, and You Know You are a Long-Distance Hiker When...

the Fugitive
5. I'm a Fugitive junkie. David Janssen was the best. The remake was a loser. The movie with Harrison Ford (1993) was excellent! Can't count how many times I've watched it now... If anyone every bothers to psychoanalyze me, they can ponder why I'm so in love with the fugitive theme. And I'll almost admit to having a high school crush on David Janssen. I own some of the episodes, but that complete set is on my wish list.

play program
6. I have the programs from every play I've attended post high school. I'd go to more if: a) I could afford it. b) I wasn't so addicted. Plays are to me as drinking is to an alcoholic. Seriously... I get swallowed alive.

7. I finished my training today as a Field Data Collector for Mueller Services. I've been assigned to a manager, and will be given some real assignments beginning next week.

Giving this award to other blogs. There is no way I'm going to come up with 15 choices. Here are six excellent blogs that I've become familiar with since my last award.

1. Ann's Scrap and Edit. Ann has become a good blogger bud, but I don't think I've ever given her an award. She's crafty, and has a cute Westie named Duke.

2. Be a Lifesaver of Goodness. Sir Rob is in health care, and blogs about health issues and his new baby boy.

3. Some Assembly Required. John does photography and web design, and is very involved in the Dalmatian Rescue program.

4. Random Stream of Consciousness. Another John, loves outdoor pursuits, and plays in many places that are familiar to me.

5. Together With Dogs. Meet two boxers, Sisko and Juno, and their "mom" and "dad." Lots of good dog info and food for thought.

6. Fungal Threads. Casey is my newest blog discovery of interest. Lots of great outdoor pix.

OK... that's all I can deal with, but I do hope you'll visit them.



7 comments:

RNSANE said...

It's always fun to read new info about your favorite bloggers! I aready knew some about you - the jigsaw puzzle thing, for instance. I didn't know you'd had a mini stroke in high school. That is pretty scary, Joan. Please take really good care of yourself!

rainfield61 said...

That is good to know something extra,or some of your secret(?).

Secondary Roads said...

There is always a lot to learn about you, isn't there?

safety advocate said...

WOW.. This is the first award I got since the time I know how to blog. This may not be as prestigious but I am grateful for this.

Thank you for the write ups.

Ann said...

Well isn't that so nice of you to pass this on to me. Thanks so much.
Wow, a mini stroke when you were in high school That must have been one heck of a scare, especially adding in the temporary blindness.

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- It was a really odd thing. Thanks for your concern!

rainfield- ha! and that from the fellow who has many secrets

Chuck- I'm so complex I can't even figure me out (maybe)

Hi sir rob- you are welcome! You have lots of good tips, and you've been an active reader here, so I'm happy to send some traffic your way

Ann- you more than deserve it. I realized a while ago that I hadn't perhaps rewarded your participation here quite as much as I wanted to.

John Sealander said...

Thanks for the award. As usual, it will be several days before I can find the time to pass it along to others. Maybe this weekend.

I also had a TIA once. My neurologist told me that a lot of people have them and don't even realize it. Watching my blood pressure more carefully seemed to take care of them problem.