Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Commenters- December


snowy day

We are getting our winter back- Hooray! It is a soft and gentle snow, so it was fun to be out in it.

Despite the holidays, a surprisingly large number of people took time to comment here. Thanks to everyone! There were 42 different people who left messages, and a total of 236 separate comments (not counting my own responses to them).

The top 10 for this past month are:
Ann's Snap & Edit (Ann- 32 comments)- Ann's been unbeatable for comments!
My Journey (rainfield61- 25 comments)- rainfield was feeling talkative this month
Carmen's Chronicles (Carmen- 22 comments)- and Carmen has been her a lot!
Spinning Lovely Days (Ivy- 19 comments)- if you read her blog, you'll wonder how this busy gal finds time to read any others
The Painted Veil (Jackie- 18 comments)- Jackie is currently quite ill- leave her a note
Duxbury Ramblers (Carol- 16 comments)- Carol leads us on wonderful hikes across the pond
Duck and Wheel with String (Lin- 11 comments)- Lin loves her froggies, but apparently sharks too
Dennis the Vizsla Dog (Dennis' dada, James- 9 comments) James is currently busy finishing a book, tied with
The Everyday Adventurer (Ratty - 9 comments)- look who is feeling better! welcome back
The Joy of Bird Watching and Living a Simple Life (Jean- 8 comments)- Jean has wonderful feathered visitors

One comment from Maggie to all of you... "HAVE FUN, Arf!"

happy dog

P.S. Does anyone care about seeing which posts from the past year were the most popular? I see other people sharing this info, but... is it interesting?



8 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Oh, I see. I was "a little" talkative last month.

aldon @ orient lodge said...

Yes, if you can easily mention which posts were most popular, at least I am interested.

If it was a post that I liked, it is good to be reminded and go back and read it again. If it was a post that I missed, I want to see and go read it.

On a different topic, is the dog wearing the shirt to stay warm or because it is hunting season and doesn't want to look like a deer?

Doug in Missoula said...

Seeing the top posts from the past year would be good. I also really enjoy the macro photography. I don't like guessing but I like to see the full photo answer. Lots of fun here, Shark!

Ann said...

well darn, just look at me go with the comments...lol
I would love to see some of your most popular posts from the past.
Say hi to Maggie from me and Duke

Auntie E said...

well, I am still waiting for the big snow fall here. I guess it would be nice to know which post folk liked. I really haven't thought about it. maybe I'll look back into it.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- well you never shout, so one might say your speeches were "little." You are our whisperer.

Hi aldon! Thanks for stopping by. As you can see, I've listed the surprising results. Maggie wears the vest for warmth in the snow. In November she wears it to be visible!

Hi Doug- I'm am happy to provide fun! Thanks for the comment.

Ann- Maggie accepts Duke's greetings, and as you can see, I listed the posts.

Hi Auntie E- I found it interesting myself! Hope you get snow.

Lin said...

I'd be interested. With the holidays and such, I'm surprised I had that many comments.

Oh--my mom LOVES, LOVES, LOVES your book! I gave it to her for Christmas and she is savoring each page. I can't wait for her to finish so I can read it next. She is very impressed with you, your adventures, and your writing, pally. She called me last night to tell me how much she loves it. :) I am going to do a giveaway on my blog for the other one, but I'll let you know when I run that.

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- OH! That makes my day. See... that just verifies that people don't have to be hard-core hikers to enjoy it. Comments... well, you promised to come by more often, and you pulled it off!