Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Five-Five - I Had to Do It

My laptop decided to have serious issues tonight. And my desktop USB ports only work when I take it to the repair shop, so... no new picture. There were beautiful clouds accompanying our thunderstorms tonight, but I can't get the pix to the computer.

So, I decided to play a 5-5 game. I went to drive C:, opened the 5th folder, and its 5th folder, and would have chosen the 5th picture. But there was only one, so here it is. I wasn't planning to do an ad... but that's what you get.

The picture turned out to be the cover (full spread) of my Devotions for Hikers booklet. I recently reduced the eBook price to 99 cents, so it's a very good deal in that format.

cover of Devotions for Hikers

Although the entries are keyed off of things like walking and following a trail, the ten essays really are pertinent to anyone's Christian walk.

If you are interested, it's available at Smashwords, no special reader required, but they also support reader formats if you have one.

I suspect that tomorrow morning will be spent at the computer shop.

And now I have to unplug from the internet again- more thunder. Will respond to comments tomorrow.


6 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

Do you always unplug your internet connection when it thunders? I seldom do this.

Secondary Roads said...

Very nice cover pic. That looks like a New England stone fence in the foreground.

Ann said...

I like that picture. Very peaceful looking.
We had a little bit of a thunderstorm this morning, not much though.

Sharkbytes said...

Karen- we have a wireless router, and we've already burned out three of them in thunderstorms, even with a good surge protector. SO, yes, we are very diligent about unplugging.

Chuck- from either PA or OH- I'd have to look up what trip it came from. Actually, I know what trip it came from, but that was to PA and OH!

Ann- we are supposed to get more rain tomorrow. That would be a good thing.

RNSANE said...

Well, I've download "Devotions For Hikers" in PDF format and, when I'm housesitting for my son and his wife while they're in Hawaii for a week, I'll read it at my leisure. It looks very beautiful, Joan.

Sharkbytes said...

Carmen- thank you so much! That means a lot to me.