Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

White Pine Trail- Cadillac to Tustin



Om and I decided to celebrate our anniversary (which was last week) with a bike ride, but we couldn't manage to schedule it till today.

bikes on car rack

Om wanted to ride some of the White Pine Trail south of Cadillac. The entire trail runs for 92 miles from Cadillac south to Grand Rapids. It's a rail-trail, on the former bed of the Grand Rapids & Indiana, which became Michigan Northern RR, which was under Penn Central. Of course, that means it's quite level and straight.

White Pine Trail Cadillac Michigan

That said, it does climb gently to one high point, and there is almost a view from there.

view southeast from White Pine Trail Cadillac Michigan

We rode 11 miles to Tustin. There is a small museum there, the Pine River Area Museum, but it wasn't open. I'd like to go back when it is. Small-town museums can be fun, and the collections aren't so overwhelming. Then, we rode back, of course!

Tustin Pine River Area Museum

Then we went to Ruby Tuesday to eat. I'm not usually impressed with chain restaurants, but I have to say they had a really wonderful salad bar. They had real greens, not just iceberg lettuce, and a large selection of other veggies and toppings to add. There were a few other salads too- potato, macaroni, maybe something else.

We've been putting up with each other for 43 years. I guess we'll go for a few more.

Tomorrow, I'll show you some other things we saw.

See Biking Date
if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

gallerydarrow said...

It looks like a grand day!!

Loretta said...

Yay for lovely day for riding. Ruby T here in Florence also has a wonderful salad bar...glad y'all had a nice celebration and found a museum to go back and check out sometime.

Secondary Roads said...

Congrats on the anniversary. What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! I'm looking forward to more pix. Sylvia has a sister that lives near Tustin.

Karen and Gerard said...

Congratulations on your 43rd wedding anniversary! That was a l o n g bike ride! We only went to Ruby Tuesdays once but I remember they did have a very good salad bar and our burgers were HUGE!

We went to Golden Corral for our anniversary.

Ann said...

WOW 43 years, that's impressive. Happy Anniversary to you both. Sounds like you had a good day

Sharkbytes said...

Ro- we really did have fun. It cooled off too, so it wasn't miserable

Loretta- thanks sis!

Chuck- it's a small world. I think you'll like these nature pix

Karen- glad you got to go out too.

Ann- it is impressive- I can't even believe it.

Be a Lifesaver Of Goodness said...

I probably would buy a mountain bike in my next vacation so I can join my HS classmates in one of their rides in the outback.

RNSANE said...

Good for you and Om - 43 years is commendable. I guess you've figured out the secret of sharing! I hope the years continue to be good to you, Joan. You are important to many people, me included.

It's been awhile since I've eaten at Ruby Tuesdays but I loved the salad bar.