Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Choose Your Weather


I was out all day doing assignments. I should have taken gloves! O well. I left home in a light drizzle. Before I finished my first two cases it was snowing so hard the visibility was very bad. That didn't last- I didn't even get a picture to show you because I was rushed to make an appointment.

But the ducks don't seem to mind the cold. Here's a common mallard male, but I managed to catch him flying.

flying mallard

A few hours later, I was out at a cottage on Lake Michigan. It was brutally cold with a wind sailing right up the bluff and trying to peel my skin off. However, it was sunny!

Lake Michigan

At the same place, I found this nifty yellow fungus. I tried to get a super close-up, but I was apparently shivering too much to hold the camera still enough for that tight of a shot- they are all blurry. But here's the long view.

yellow fungus

Up close it is little dimpled dots. No time to figure out what. I have to go out on more cases tomorrow, because it got dark on me today. I did my second ever high-value survey on a $1.2 million dollar house. Took 2 hours!

But cases = money = new tires which I need, so I won't complain.

That's what I did today.


if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Great shots even of the fungus. The mallard shot is fantastic. I would love to be caught in snow. Out here in Cali. we never see it unless we jaunt up to the high sierras in the Winter.

rainfield61 said...

The duck is much stronger.

It does not require any gloves.

Secondary Roads said...

He's Mallard, but some call him Ducky. Considering the location, it might not be that great a house to me worth $1.2m, or am I wrong?

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Love the photo of the fungi.

Glynis Peters said...

Brilliant pics, Joan. What a fungus to find. Keep up the hard work, tyres keep you moving!

betchai said...

that last picture of the yellow fungus is very interesting, hard to take my eyes off it.

Ann said...

Too bad I wasn't a duck because I do mind the cold weather and it was cold today. We woke to find snow on the ground.

Rick (Ratty) said...

You got some great pictures out of it. Your weather sounds worse than my Iowa weather, but I'm sure that will change. Every time I read one of your posts I begin to miss Michigan again. I won't really begin to know if I'm moving back until maybe next spring.

Sharkbytes said...

Jo- We have snow! This first batch is pretty much gone now, but we should have plenty to share this winter if you want me to ship you some.

rainfield- I know! I need hands that are heated the same way as duck feet!

Chuck- different house. The windy bluff was a small cottage.

Carol- It really was stunning!

Glynis- Gotta have tires to work and explore.

betchai- It really makes me keep trying to make pictures out of the pattern

Ann- yup... here too, but the LOL story beat out a trace of snow.

Ratty- It's hard to think of you staying in Iowa. We'll probably never meet if you stay there. :-(

Lin said...

GREAT shot of the mallard, Sharkey!! And the fungus. I love how bright the color is.