Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ice

 
We are supposed to get freezing rain later this week, so I might not feel so friendly toward ice then, but I found these today and thought they were pretty.

ice on shrub

This was on the same bush, but from a different angle. It looks like I did something fancy with the camera settings, but I didn't. I have no idea why it came out pink.

ice on shrub
At another house, I found this interesting "sculpture."

ice on shrub

This part looks pretty normal.

ice on shrub

This part doesn't! Can you see how it happened? No the picture is not rotated.

ice on shrub

See Hersey River
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Ice can make for some pretty sights but it scares the heck out of me when I have to drive in it.
I'm thinking that last one had to have been from the wind

rainfield61 said...

Gravity must have rotated the branches in the last picture.

Secondary Roads said...

Wow! What a difference the angle and lighting make. Nicely done.

vanilla said...

Very nICE images.