Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Favorite Vista

 
I can't believe I haven't shown you this before, but I'm not finding any post about it. This is one of the really good views you can get in my home county.

For anyone local, go to the corner of Brye and Blundell, then go just a bit farther north to the top of the hill and look south.

Mason County vista

Certainly you can see into Oceana County, although I'm not sure how far. I think it's possible the two lines of hills in the distance could be north and south of the Pentwater River. When you are a little farther south, near Hart, you can look north and see quite a few of the wind turbines, so the far ridge could be that one.

The odd thing is that when you look at topo maps, you don't really see those east-west ridges like that. They must be collections of small hills that blend in the distance to look like a ridge. More exploration needed.


See Wind Turbines I
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

1 comment:

Ann Thompson said...

That's a pretty spectacular view