Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Michigan Lily

 
Driving down a back road today, I saw a patch of orange flash by. The color didn't seem right for the wild day lilies that grow in so many ditches, so I turned around and went back.

It was a large stand of Michigan lily, Lilium michiganense.

Michigan Lily

I love these beautiful flowers. The colors are always so vibrant.

Michigan Lily

This time I also saw some of the buds. Interesting how they hang down like pendants.

Michigan Lily

These aren't rare, but I only know of a few places where I can count on finding them, so it was great to add another location to my mental list.

See another picture of Michigan Lily
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

I too love those beauties. Beautiful color. Nice contrast.

Ann Thompson said...

Those are really pretty. I like the spots on them