Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Lean, Green Tiny Machine

 
Look who was willing to sit still while I stuck the camera right in his face! (Or hers... I have no clue)

green leafhopper

Yes, it's a leafhopper. Remember, I found a white leafhopper in August?

This one was a little smaller, maybe a bit over 1/4 inch in length, about 5mm. Still, it's pretty good sized. I often see really tiny ones, more like an eighth inch.

green leafhopper

And this one is the quintessential example, looking just like a tiny leaf. They are usually very nervous, so I was surprised I got several tries at getting a picture. None of them is in perfect focus, but still, not really bad.

There are thousands of kinds, I can't even begin to name this one (Charlie?). I looked through BugID.net and didn't see a good match. That would be about as far as I could take it.

Rained today. That's fine with me. It's supposed to clear and be a nice weekend.


if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Secondary Roads said...

To pose like that for you must take ignorance, fear or courage. I have no idea which applies in this case.