Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, August 5, 2016

Trouble is a Girl

 
OK, don't start giving me a hard time for making stereotyped generalizations.

I'm talking about one particular critter named Trouble. The one who lives on my deck.

Yup, last week two more little versions appeared, running around like maniacs. At least one of them is a boy, judging from his inappropriate playtime activities.

I caught one of the little ones up in the place between the two roofs where they have a nest. I've named them Double (Trouble) and Triple (Trouble). Just call them the DTs. Riley's grandchildren. I haven't seen her since spring, when she was looking very old. I suspect she has gone to squirrel heaven.

red squirrel

They still aren't actually IN the house. As long as they just nest in that protected outside space I guess they can stay.


See the elderly Riley
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Lin said...

It's sort of like Charlotte's Web, but with squirrels. :) They are very cute. Gotta watch them, though...to make sure they don't do damage up there.