Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Manistee Riverwalk Again

 
I had some things to do in Manistee this afternoon, and was glad I had time to also do the Riverwalk. If you walk all the way to the end of the channel and back (I did), it's about 3.5 miles.

Manistee Riverwalk

The day was overcast, so there is no sparkly blue water, but it's still very nice to walk beside the Manistee River, through the city, to where it meets Lake Michigan. The Manistee Lighthouse is on the other side of the channel.

Manistee Lighthouse

After I headed back toward town, I took this picture of the western end of the river, past where most businesses are. It looks quite natural in this section.

Manistee Riverwalk

The boardwalk is also less complex, but more quiet and calm.

Manistee Riverwalk

When I was back at my car, I took a picture of the River Street Bridge. I thought it was going to open- it's a drawbridge- because there were all kinds of bells and horns going off, but it didn't. Not sure why, unless the Washington Street Bridge opened (downstream) and the sounds all bounced around because of buildings and the riverbanks and sounded closer. Anyway... no picture of it open.

Manistee Riverwalk

If you want to see more Riverwalk pictures on brighter days, follow the links below.

See Riverwalk Walk
See Riverwalk Details
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


2 comments:

Ann said...

That looks like a very pleasant walk. I like the looks of the boardwalk

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- Manistee really has a sweet place with this walkway. It cost them a lot and took a while to decide to do it, but I think they've more than gotten their investment back