Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Like Bright Colors

 
I really light bright clear colors. Sometimes I think I'm a little confused, though, because I love Impressionistic Art, which mostly features effects of light and soft colors. But, when push comes to shove, in clothes, decor and whatnot... I like the bright primaries and secondaries.

The first picture I took while on that walk in the rain on Saturday. This was just about the only bright spot I saw- maple leaf against a sedge.

maple leaf and sedge

My kitchen windows are filled with blue glass (mostly cobalt blue).

blue glass

Today, I finally learned what the vines are that grow high in the spruce trees beside the alley at work. They are American bittersweet. Easy to tell when you can bring the fruits close with a camera lens.

bittersweet

Tomorrow is the biggest day at work. All those Black Friday ads go out the door. 20 inserts in the daily paper. We've been running packets all week. Stay tuned.

See American Bittersweet
See Blue Glass
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

2 comments:

Ann said...

The inserts for Thursday's paper have already been delivered to our store. I thought of you when I saw them sitting in a cart in our back room. They deliver those early and then when we get our papers we put the inserts in

Secondary Roads said...

I always did like the to see the fruit of the bittersweet. Brings back childhood memories.