Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

If Wishes Were Flowers

 
If wishes were flowers it would be springtime.

My mother's standard way of letting me know that children do not always get what they want was to tell me "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."

I can hardly believe it was a week ago I was enjoying early spring with Ester, and now I'm back in winter. Here are some pretties from her yard. And I'm wishing for some here. However, I'm pretty sure I'll get my wish before too much longer.

Snowdrops

snowdrops

And winter aconite

snowdrops

Sigh... back to work tomorrow morning, and tax appointment in the afternoon. I got two of the three Dubois Files books all formatted. I won't get the third one done tomorrow, but maybe by the end of Thursday. Not too far off my goal.

See Interior Illustrations- The Hitchhiker
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Ann said...

I'm wishing for the same thing. I'm getting very tired of snow.

Lin said...

I LOVE snowdrops! Mine are in full bloom in the front of the house...crocus in the back.

I'm not complaining...we've had constant sunshine for a week now. I can deal with cold as long as the sun is shining.

vanilla said...

Beautiful! Haven't seen those "harbingers of Spring" here yet, but we are hopeful!

Secondary Roads said...

Love those late winter beauties in bloom.